We feel that First Aid Kits are pretty important. But would you know what to have in yours?
All workplaces, public places, homes and cars should have a first aid kit that conforms to legal requirements. You can either buy a ready made kit or put one together yourself with our handy list:
- Sterile Wound Dressing
- Sterile Pad
- Sterile Eye Pad (All dressing pads should be sealed in protective wrapping).
- Hypoallergenic plasters, Fabric or waterproof.
- Blue Plasters (For people who work with food).
- Roller Bandages (To give support to injured joints).
- Triangular Bandages (To be used as slings or dressing for large wound).
- Tubular Bandages (Dressings for fingers and toes, can also be used to support elbows and knees).
- Disposable Gloves
- Face shield, Pocket Mask (To protect you and the casualty from cross infection).
Additional items would include:
- Cleansing Wipes
- Gauze Pads
- Adhesive Tape
- Scissors and Tweezers
- Cling Film
- Alcohol Gel
You should also make sure that your items are kept in a easily identifiable, waterproof, airtight box.