Paediatric First Aid – 12 Hours (2 Days or 4 Evenings)
Paediatric First Aid
This Paediatric course is designed for people who care for babies and children in any setting. This could be a Nanny, Child-minder, Nursery worker, Pre-school worker, Teacher, or simply a parent or grandparent wanting to gain the skills needed to be prepared in any first aid situation.
The course meets Ofsted requirements for registered childminders and can be used as evidence for employees working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education.
The course will help you to deal with accidents and emergencies involving babies and young children (up to the age of 8 years), through theory sessions, demonstrations and role play. On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Put together a first aid kit which meets your workplace requirements
- Deal with a range of accidents
- Administer First Aid to an unconscious baby or child (Breathing and Non-Breathing)
- Provide effective CPR and understand how to operate an AED
- Deal with a Choking baby and child
- Administer First Aid for Shock
- Deal with a child who suffers from Anaphylaxis
- Provide First Aid for Bleeding and Wounds, Head Injuries, Burns and Scalds
- Recognise Sickness and Fever
- Administer First Aid for Fractures, Sprains and Strains
- Provide First Aid for Head, Chest and Spinal Injuries
- Deal with Asthma, Hyperventilation, Diabetic Emergencies and Febrile Convulsions
- Recognise Poisoning, Bites and Stings
- Recognise early signs of childhood illnesses, including Meningitis, Measles and Croup
- Deal with many other common childhood Illnesses and Injuries
There is no final assessment on this course. Your trainer will provide an on-going assessment for each participant.
An FAIB approved Paediatric First Aid certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course. The certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of the training. An appropriate First Aid training manual will also be issued.
Please note: This course also qualifies a person to act as an ’Appointed Person’ for the purpose of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Price = £84 (inc. VAT)